Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Patient education is an essential part of the services we provide at Bethlehem Town Family Dental. When you understand the impact that your oral health can have on your life, you’re more likely to be proactive about dental care.
Nobody expects you to know everything about dentistry, which is why we’re available to answer all your questions. The more information you have, the better prepared you are to make important decisions when the time comes. All the answers below are written by our team instead of some template that is used by hundreds of other dental offices.
- What can I do to improve my oral health?
- What is a Stainless Steel Crown and why does my child need it?
- Why do dentists take so many x-rays ?
- Why do I need to get my teeth cleaned and checked every 6 months ?
- I haven't been to the dentist for a while and feel embarrassed of my teeth. Will I get judged by the dentist about my teeth ?
- Dentists only want to sell me procedures I don't need and charge me or my insurance. Why should I trust them ?
- I hate dealing with the insurance companies. How would you help me?
- I can never find the time to take off work and visit the dentist. Do you have morning and evening hours ?
- I always felt dental visits are too long and boring, Do you have any solutions?
- I can't afford to see a dentist. Even if I had insurance they probably don't take it. How can I afford your services ?
- I hear all these news about dentist using dirty instruments and I'm worried. How do I know your instruments are clean ?
- I hate having to change dentist so often because they either left the office or retired. Will you be around for a long time ?
- Do you see kids in your office ?
- How is your office environmentally friendly?
- You look really young, How old are you?
- Why don't you do silver fillings anymore?
- What does nitrous oxide gas (laughing gas) do and what does it feels like ?
- I have a missing tooth, how do I replace it?
- Do adults get dental sealants?
- What can I expect during my first visit?
- Can I eat right after my procedure?
- When should kids have their first dental visit and what should I expect from the visit?
- Am I allowed to be in the room with my child?
- Why do you treat baby teeth? Don't they just come out?
- I'm terrified of the dentist. What can you do to help me?
- What's the definition of "Good Teeth?"