3 Reasons Why Choosing Dental Implants Is a Good Idea
Do you have one or more missing teeth? You know you need to have them replaced, but with all the options available like bridges, dentures, and dental implants, you may have a hard time choosing.
All three are excellent solutions that will improve the appearance of your smile and restore chewing function. But only one – dental implants – is considered the standard of care today for tooth replacement.
If you are considering dental implants in Ravena, NY, here’s what you need to know.
What Is a Dental Implant?
An implant is made up of three parts:
- The first is the implant itself, which is a tiny replacement root that is placed in your jawbone. Once it heals, the implant will function just like a natural tooth root.
- The second part is called an abutment that your dentist attaches to the implant. This piece of the implant holds your restoration in place.
- The restoration is the visible, functioning part of the implant. It’s the part you see when you smile and that allows you to chew comfortably again.
Why Dentists Choose Dental Implants
Dentists choose dental implants because they are a healthy, long-term replacement that offers several benefits:
- The replacement root stimulates regeneration of healthy bone in your jaw and prevents bone deterioration that often occurs with tooth loss.
- Unlike a bridge or denture, the implant post becomes a permanent part of your dental structure and is considered to be a permanent tooth replacement.
- In the decades they’ve been used, dental implants have shown a 95 percent clinical success rate.
Please Call Us to Arrange a Consultation
As a dental implants dentist in Ravena, NY, Dr. Henry Huang will be happy to meet with you to learn about your concerns and help you decide which tooth replacement is right for you. Please call Bethlehem Town Family Dental to arrange a consultation so we can get started!